Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cures for Heartbreak

This book is about a girl's mom getting diagnosed with cancer and dying twelve days after she was diagnosed. Her mom was her best friend, she did everything with her. She even states before her mother passes "If she dies, I'll die." She explains how scared she was even as she was a little girl when her mom didn't have cancer, she'd be scared for her mother's life. This story reminds me of my own personal life. I know how it feels to be scared to death that you don't know if your mom will be okay. My mom doesn't have cancer, but she has many chronic problems. She was in a car wreck when I was a little girl that ultimately changed her life forever. The memory of being told she was in a serious wreck as a little girl was probably one of the worst days of my life. I feel like I can understand how the girl in the story feels towards her mother.

1 comment: