Friday, August 26, 2011

Sentences of the Week

"It seems to me that our three basic needs, for food and security and love, are so mixed and mingled and entwined that we cannot straightly think of one without the others." -M.F.K. Fisher

This sentence to me is very true. I don't know I just loved it. In order for me to be happy I with one thing, I need to have the others.

"I began then to think of time as having a shape, something you could see. like a series of liquid transparencies, one laid on top of another. You don't look back along time but down through it, like water. Sometimes this comes to the surface, sometimes that, sometimes nothing. Nothing goes away." -Margaret Atwood

I think she is talking about how we have all these memories from time and that we look through them. Sometimes we remember these memories and sometimes we don't but they never go away.

"That is the fearful part of having been near death. One knows how easy it is to die. The barriers that are up for everybody else are down for you, and you've only to slip through." -Katherine Mansfield

When a person has had a near death experiance, they know what it is like to almost die so you know how it feels but everybody else doesn't so they have those barriers up.

No comments:

Post a Comment