Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hardships

Why is it that the people that have been through the most are the happiest ones? You think it would be the opposite. You would think that people who have had it the hardest would be angry and unhappy. Not saying some aren't but many are the exact opposite. On the other hand, many of the wealthy ones that have it all are lonely drunks? It doesn't make sense to me. I have met an older lady who is one of my grandma friends who has probably had the hardest life that I know of. She's the sweetest lady I have ever met and she's happy as far as I can see. I mean I'm sure she's lonely but she doesn't let that affect her whole life. She's around 75 I believe. When she was born her parents took her to an orphanage and just left her there. She grew up with the nuns and when she turned eighteen her mom came because she wanted her back.. The only reason her parents wanted her was so she could work and pay her parents the little money she earned for herself. She obviously didn't want to go with her parents that just wanted to use her.. Two weeks before her parents came she met this man that was "courting" her.. She didn't know him really at all..but she decided to runaway and get married to him because it was the only way that she wouldn't have to go live with her parents. The man she married wasn't the best guy either which she realized after the fact what she did. She never loved him and she spent the rest of her life with him. On top of that he didn't treat her real well. He beat her and was very controlling. She wasn't aloud to have any friends and they had one daughter who ended up becoming extremely sick in her early 30's. She died quickly after she got sick and the worst part is that Mary, the lady's husband woudn't let her see her daughter before she passed. I can't imagine... And then a few years later he ended up dying. The only two family members she had. She may not have loved him but he was all she had. Now she's all alone, doesn't have much but she's the sweetest most caring lady in the world. It blows my mind. That's all I have to say..

No comments:

Post a Comment